Tuesday 9 December 2008

That's what FRIENDS are for...

Yep, today's the day. My 23rd birthday. It's one of those days when you especially reflect on the past years, what has changed since the last birthday or the other "big" birthdays, my 21st, 20th, 18th, etc. And you also think about what could have been; what if I wouldn't have gone to uni? Not to this uni but a different one? What if I would've got together with that guy, not the other one, etc., etc., etc. Things would be completely different! Or would they, really? Maybe some things are just ment to be and would happen one way or the other... That's destiny, right?

That's exactly what my favourite FRIENDS episodes reflect on and deal with. That's why I love them! Just like what I wrote about Absolutely Fabulous yesterday, it deals with thoughts, issues, problems and situations many of us have had or been through ourselves. That's why we, the audience, can relate to the characters, see ourselves in their shoes and that's what makes out my favourite episodes. That's what makes the show enjoyable, funny and entertaining. It cheers me up every time I watch it, because I get to see that I'm not the only one in the funny turmoil called life. 

Season 6, episodes 15 and 16, The One that Could Have Been, Part 1 and 2:
What if Rachel (Jennifer Aniston) would have married Barry? What if Ross (David Schwimmer) would have stayed together with Carol? Would Rachel and Ross have still got together? What if Phoebe (Lisa Kudrow) would have taken a high-profile business job? What if Joe (Matt LeBlanc) would have not been killed off on Days of Our Lives? What if Chandler (Matthew Perry) would have started working for Joe because he didn't have anything better - any better job - to do? What if Monica (Courtney Cox Arquette) would have stayed fat? Would Chandler still have fallen for her? Questions, questions, questions; just watch to find out and be entertained, amused and maybe even surprised:


(posted by willkatty October 25, 2008)

Season 3, episode 6, The One with the Flashbacks:
What the group didn't know of each other: Who wanted whom. Who has had it off with whom... Or nearly anyway... No matter how good friends are, there are always dirty little secrets hidden somewhere. Good that times have changed - shockingly funny entertainment and cute in a way:


(posted by mileymarlon November 8, 2008)

No comments: